Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beaded Bottles

Good morning, Wednesday goers! On this beautiful day, I thought I would share a little spark of creativity with those that are interested.
For a portion of my last vacation (as described in earlier posts), I had the pleasure of staying the night with my grandfather’s sweet girlfriend of seven years, La Verne. They are both 89 years old and could not be cuter together.  La Verne shared with me pieces of her incredible story of being the wife of an army general and moving around the world with two young kids. She then showed me old pictures, keepsakes, and family heirlooms that were special to her. We chatted, had cookies and tea, and finished off the night with an episode of NCIS. It was lovely.
But to my point. One of the treasures La Verne showed me was an antique perfume bottle that was her mother’s from the early 1900s (as pictured below). Immediately I fell in love. Thus, I set on a quest to recreate this look and try to capture a glimpse of the vintage beauty.

Original inspiration!
You will need: 
a variety of beads- choose whatever tickles your fancy!
dishes to hold the beads- I use miniature cupcake liners
a hot glue gun
glass bottles of any kind- I prefer the smaller kinds but mason jars would be cute!
ribbon and scissors (optional)


1.       Put out your materials


Beads

I suggest Joann's Fabric and Craft stores for mini glass jars on a budget
 
2.       Choose the most appealing combination of beads

3.       Organize them on the table in a rough pattern of what you would like on the jar

4.       Hot glue the beads onto the jar

Basic design

5.       Compliment the beads by tying a ribbon around the neck of the jar



6.        Marvel at your creation!

These jars are so versatile; try using them to house flowers, be given as little presents, be filled with potpourri or white sand, or a number of other uses.

Enjoy exercising your creativity!

XO.


No comments:

Post a Comment