Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving Mantras

You know those days when the world is on your side? You hit green lights, your hair looks great, the weather is perfect, you don’t ruin a new recipe, and you feel super motivated at the gym? This was not one of those. Not one little bit. It’s okay, though; sometimes these days need to happen to keep us on our toes.  I had a brilliant plan to bring to you a new cookie recipe (have you noticed yet that prefer baking over cooking?), but I failed miserably. I almost set my apartment building on fire and got pretty frustrated with the whole ordeal. It was unfortunate. So I apologize for the delay, and I will most certainly post a recipe before the week is out. Stay tuned J
Today, instead, I’ll share a few mantras for those of you who can relate to experiencing “off days.”
What is a mantra you ask?
According to the Wikipedia, a mantra is a sound, syllable, word, or group of words capable of creating transformation. I love this definition, especially the word ‘transformation.’ It implies that words are capable of having such a powerful effect. This reminds me of how the Bible emphasizes and delineates the power of the tongue and its ability to encourage or deeply hurt; it is such a tool of power.

So, here are few little mantras that help me remember to keep my head up when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed:






























Petunias, I know these mantras are terribly cliché, but try to see past the cheesiness. Each holds a little grain of truth for us. Today, I hope we can remember to recognize the power of our words and generously dish them out in love. Till tomorrow!


XO.

1 comment: