Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tea Time

Good morning, peaches! It's mid-week again and we are in the homestretch for the weekend. This morning has been a good one; I am off work today so I spent a good bit of time lounging around and reading when I woke up. Sometimes it feels positively splendid to have nothing on the schedule.

This morning, I want to talk about tea. I enjoyed a nice cup this morning and think you should too. If you are familiar with my daily routine, you know that I am an avid tea drinker. I will almost always choose tea over coffee. My parents were raised on English tea and, as could be predicted, their offspring inherited this habit. This being true of me, I take a special interest in different teas and their unique histories. So, when I spotted a quaint tea shop the other night, I all but ran to the door. Teavana. That's the name of this lovely place. Teavana specializes in high-end teas, cast iron teapots, and tea tins. The employees were friendly, helpful, and quick to give me samples of just about every tea in the store. After spending [way too much] time in this store, my interest was sparked about the health benefits of tea. Turns out, the benefits are plentiful. Here's what I found about the different categories of tea:


They have four main categories of tea: green, black, white, and oolong.

Green tea lowers cholesterol, inhibits the growth of cancer cells, and boosts the immune system.


Black tea contains useful antioxidents, boosts metabolism and fat burn, and has been know to help the aging process.


White tea lowers blood pressure, protects the heart and circulatory system, and promotes healthy teeth, gums, and skin.


Oolong tea has plenty of antioxidents, stress-fighting nutrients, and is known to be effective in improving skin vitality.



Aren't the following tea-themed pictures just the cutest? Be inspired!


Tea jewelry.

Adorable tea cups.

Teapot centerpiece.

Tea and fruit. Classic.

Teapot collection.


Patterned teacups and dishes.

Tea-time.

Tea set and cake.

Love.


Readers, I encourage you to try a few teas, iced or hot, and make tea-time part of your routine. Your body will thank you.

I appreciate you and you and you!


XO.

1 comment:

  1. Finally someone else who understands why I find tea to be so amazing between the health benefits and wide range of flavors. I had the same experience with Teavanna last summer. =)

    ReplyDelete