Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Merry Berry Cheese Bars

Happy noon-time on this lovely Tuesday! It’s certainly a sunny one here, and I’m quite thankful that I work in an office with AC. This summer has been a scorcher! While I love summertime and all it brings, I am counting down the minutes until I can wear cardigans, hoodies, long jeans, and scarves. Only a few short months J
I hope you have a sweet tooth today because I have the recipe for a treat: Merry Berry Cheese Bars.
This recipe (including its cutsie name) is not my own; Lauren actually introduced me to it. We made these bars together and I have decided to add this one to my recipe box.


Merry Berry Cheese Bars

Ingredients:
2 cups white flour
1 ½ cups oats
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup butter softened
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup lemon juice
1 can raspberry pie filling (or cherry, blueberry, strawberry, apple, etc.)

1.       Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.       Mix flour, oats, sugar, and butter together until crumbly

3.       Set aside 1 ½ cups of this mixture

4.       Press remaining mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 pan

5.       Bake this crust for 10 minutes or until golden brown


6.       Beat cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy

7.       Gradually beat in condensed milk and lemon juice


8.       Spread this mixture over the baked crust

9.       Spread the raspberry filling over the cream cheese layer



10.   Finally, top with remaining oat mixture from steps 1 & 2


11.   Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown



12.   Let cool and cut into bars

Roses, these bars delish! Yum, yum. Make them with a friend or two. As always, thank you for reading! It is a pleasure being a part of your busy days. If you want to follow and don’t know how, just ask J


XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment