Saturday, May 7, 2011

There is a first for everything...

Friends and followers,
My name is Kristin Wheeler and I’m not going to use the following phrases:
“This is my life in a nutshell”
“I’m a complicated person”
“I’m just trying to find myself in this crazy world”
“Take this journey with me”
“Strap on your adventure seat belts”
…or others of the like.

I’m not one for drama. I am usually irritated with bloggers. However, I feel inspired to hopefully break the norm and throw a few bits of sunshine your way in the process.

People often talk about the “battle of the mind” in terms of men. I am here to suggest a mind struggle that reaches all. This battle is less obvious and, usually, subtly sneaks up on us when we are least expecting it. This battle is about mind placement—where people let their mind wander, sit down, put their feet up, linger, order a drink, and stay awhile. When Paul wrote to the church of Philippi, he instructed them to train their minds and focus on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. This is the theme of this blog. This is my hope and prayer for us all.

The beauty of life is boundless and ours to enjoy. Let’s get crackin’!

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment