Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Flavorful Neutrals


Flavorful neutrals.
This may seem like a paradox, but I am here to propose otherwise. During the sunny summer months, bright floral patterns seem to be the way to go. It seems natural that bright flowers would go hand in hand with summer. However, as I was browsing my favorite stores’ websites during some down time at work, I noticed different kind of theme.
It seems as though neutrals are in the spotlight this season. The light browns, blues and
grays seem to highlight summer in a different way. These easy-on-the-eyes colors are reminiscent of wheat meadows, white sand, sun-kissed skin, crystal water, and bluish-gray rocks. It just seems so natural. In my eyes, it's almost like another side of summer—a different persona.

Also, one of the advantages of neutrals is that they allow for bright jewelry and accessories to be utilized as a means of balancing out the look. No colors need to be sacrificed!

So, here are some of the inspiring neutral dresses that caught my eye, and some pretty, bright jewelry to go along with it.










Accersories: Necklaces

 


Bracelets/Bangles
(I think these are just lovely!)





Hand bags


I found the above items on the following online websites: Gap, H&M, Forever 21, Nordstrom, Express, and J. Crew. These are a few of the best. This new look at summer clothing makes me so happy. I hope it inspires you in some small way, too.


XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment