Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creative Sparks!


Happy Tuesday!
As this beautiful day progresses, I encourage you to try something different and let your creative juices flow. A few days ago, a woman in my office showed me how to make the most precious, little fabric flowers. I’m sure there is a specific, technical name for these fun creations, but I am not familiar with it. So! For the time being, I’m calling them fabric flowers. They are unbelievably easy and have the potential to decorate countless items. I suggest attaching them to headbands, hair clips, shirt collars, and/or key chains as floral appliqués. You won’t regret it.
Please marvel at how cute they are:



How to

Supplies you will need: fabric, scissors, needle, thread, glue, and objects to decorate

1. Cut fabric in a rough circle

2. Thread the needle


3. Weave it in and out along the edge of the circle of fabric until the entire circle is threaded



4. Scrunch the fabric together so it naturally creates a petal-like appearance and push the center down flat


5. Apply to anything and enjoy!



XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment